We are seeking a candidate with 2-5 years background in architectural/MEP/HVAC to join our rapidly growing and profitable company.
To be successful in this critical role the service manager must be able to:
- Work alongside other BIM specialists
- Draw up mechanical plans from engineering department
- Create details, schedules and isometric plans as required
- Verify existing conditions on job site visits
- Draw up existing conditions
- Work with 3D Scanner
- 2-5 years experience in architectural/MEP/HVAC
- Skill in working with construction documents related to mechanical and piping systems (drawings, dimensions and technical specifications).
- Excellent computer skills
- Physical ability to access construction job sites, including some climbing, crawling or other body movements necessary to inspect HVAC systems, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep current and up-to- date with computer software updates
- Participate in company training programs and attend authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures.
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by the executive team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma AND technical / trade school training OR apprenticeship training required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of computers, MS Office, email and internet resources
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm, strong character, initiative, creativity, leadership, teamwork, professionalism, and a strong desire for personal growth are important attributes for the individual in this position.
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position will require exposure to various construction and job-site areas which requires use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While on or near work sites, employee will be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), lift and carry materials up to 45 pounds, talk, hear and see. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
Hurckman Mechanical Industries is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer!
Email resume and/or letter of interest to: [email protected]