This position requires a self-directed, results-oriented HVAC sales professional with technical aptitude, strong communication skills and the ability to sell PPA’s (Peak Performance Agreements) and Add-On Replacement Sales.
To perform this position successfully, the salesperson must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
- Effectively sell HVAC PPA’s and Add-On Replacement Sales/Service Repair Quotes
- Build and maintain high-quality, lasting relationships with customers and prospects
- Manage and grow customer base to achieve growth projections in the market
- Develop and qualify new contracts for projects, make sales presentations, quote and bid projects as well as negotiate contracts for projects
- Work closely with general contractors, construction managers, owners and end-users
- Project management, Work Assignments in coordination with Dispatcher
- Have a good understanding of business fundamentals and can articulate technical solutions in business terms to high level buying influences in customer organizations
- Work with the entire HMI team to deliver total customer satisfaction
- Conduct scheduled QA visits with customers to ensure a high level of satisfaction
- Keep current on local business trends, company and competitive activities
- Leverage available networking resources to develop business connections relevant to sales.
- Travel within a predefined territory and with occasional overnight trips
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs., access construction job sites including from a ladder as needed
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promptly follow up on leads and referrals
- Participate in company training programs and attend authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures.
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field OR equivalent work experience
- Prior commercial and/or industrial sales experience in the mechanical and HVAC industries
- Project Management experience and skills
- Familiarity with mechanical plans and specifications
- Proficient in negotiation and influencing skills in both design and bid stages of projects
- Working knowledge of smart phones, computers, MS Office, email and internet resources
- Proven record of achievement with pre-defined annual sales
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm, strong character, initiative, creativity, leadership, teamwork, professionalism, and a strong desire for personal growth are important attributes for the individual in this position.
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position will require exposure to various construction and job-site areas which requires use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While on or near work sites, employee will be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), lift and carry materials up to 40 pounds, talk, hear and see. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by Management. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Hurckman Mechanical Industries is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer!
Email resume and/or letter of interest to: [email protected]