INDUSTRIAL SALES Central and Northeast Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY: This position requires a self-directed and highly successful sales professional with superior technical knowledge or abilities in mechanical contracting. Must be qualified to manage and negotiate through sales meetings on their own from initial contact to final sale.
- Achieve sales and gross margin targets
- Face-to-face meetings with prospects and customers
- Identify new sales opportunities
- Build relationships with prospects and qualify sales potential by conducting a needs assessment
- Ability to create quotes based on knowledge of the HVAC and piping industry
- Maintain sales with current customers by providing HMI solutions to meet their needs
- Use superior negotiation skills to close sales
- Communicate tactfully and honestly with customers and co-workers.
- Knows instinctively how to gain respect and earn trust
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of HVAC and/or piping systems
- Excellent technical knowledge – Able to “talk the talk” and “walk the walk” in the mechanical contracting industry.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Physical ability to access construction job sites, including some climbing, crawling or other body movements necessary to inspect HVAC systems, with or without reasonable accommodations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma AND technical / trade school training OR apprenticeship training required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience in refrigeration piping, ammonia and high pressure piping
- Mechanical engineering and design knowledge a plus
- Project management skills
- Basic and advanced electrical controls
- Working knowledge of computers, MS Office, email and internet resources
- Proven record of achievement with pre-defined annual sales and marketing goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm, strong character, initiative, creativity, leadership, teamwork, professionalism, and a strong desire for personal growth are important attributes for the individual in this position.
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position will require exposure to various construction and job-site areas which requires use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While on or near work sites, employee will be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), lift and carry materials up to 45 pounds, talk, hear and see. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
Hurckman Mechanical Industries is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer!
Email resume and/or letter of interest to: [email protected]