Mechanical Insulator – Experienced
Pre-employment drug screening required.
High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in Mechanical Insulation
- Minimum 1 year experience in fire stopping.
Type: Class D – Regular (Auto, Light Truck, Moped) Required
18 or older Required
Experience / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the insulation and draft-stopping of commercial mechanical systems
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and written work narratives a must
- Must be comfortable with a high intensity work environment
- Ability to read and understand plans and be able to lay-out the work
- Experienced in construction safety
- Strong supervisory and communication skills
This position requires the ability to maneuver around the construction sites; see, hear and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching, squatting, stretching, bending for prolonged periods of time; at times lift and car
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
Mechanical Insulator- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Construction work on commercial mechanical systems.
- Application of all insulating materials, protective coverings, coatings and finishes to all types of mechanical systems.
- Provide direction to crew members, mentor & train new hires, and work with other crafts.
- Application of materials or devices within or around penetrations in all rated wall or floor assemblies to prevent passage of fire, smoke, or other gases.
- Determine the kind of tools, equipment and material needed to do a job.
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to quality, safety and productivity.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Leave and Holidays:
Vacation, Paid Holidays
401K Plan, Health Savings Account (H.S.A.)
Hurckman Mechanical Industries is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer!
Email resume and/or letter of interest to: [email protected]