The individual in this position is responsible for maintaining and updating an approved safety plan that continuously improves the chances of employees and job sites staying safe. A critical objective in this position is to reduce Experience Modification Rate and Total Recordable Incident Rate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but not limited to:
- Provide strong, credible leadership at jobsites in the field and shops
- Know technical/mechanical language as it pertains to safety so as to have real-time conversations with production employees
- Conduct regular safety inspections and jobsite visits to monitor safety compliance
- Provide safety training on an on-going basis as well as annually at the company’s Safety Days
- Maintain all safety documentation according to OSHA standards. This includes the OSHA log and documents related to injuries
- Keep a clear and updated safety plan for reducing the TRIR
- Complete root cause analysis on all incidents and injuries
- Manage the company’s ISNetworld account (will train)
- Maintain ZERO lost time injuries except in extreme cases
- Maintain the company’s SDS program
- Stay current on safety issues and trends
- Track weekly Tool Box Talks and create monthly safety newsletter
QUALIFICATIONS include but not limited to:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in related field AND/ORequivalent work experience
- Experience (preferred) in managing construction related injuries, incidents and accidents in the Industrial sector
- Successful completion of OSHA 30; CPR/First Aid certification
- Knowledgeable of safety topics such as Fall Protection, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Hazard Communication, Confined Space, Ergonomics, Bloodborne Pathogens, PPE, Emergency Action Plans and other safety topics related to the construction industry
- Skilled in performing jobsite safety inspections for self-audit purposes
- Ability to prioritize mission critical action items and ensure execution of projects and initiatives by leveraging cross-functional support and resources
- Computer literate and comfortable with associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Must also possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Be professional and approachable, with the ability to generate trust from production workers, co-workers and management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include but not limited to:
(The physical demands described here are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position will also require exposure to various construction and job-site areas which necessitates the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, steel toed boots and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee will be required to stand or walk for long periods of time during a regular work day; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; occasionally lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 75 pounds; climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other climbing devices; carry tools and equipment; inspect safety conditions while in stooped, kneeling, crouched, and crawling positions; be able to see naturally or with correction to safely perform designated tasks; able to hear and communicate with others in and around jobsites. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
Must be able to: perform assigned tasks under all types of environmental and weather conditions including severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather and high winds. Environmental conditions may include areas where toxic or caustics chemicals or fumes are in use or being stored; HMI provides safety and respiratory gear for these circumstances. Noise intensity level can be high, where HMI provides hearing protection; Close proximity to moving mechanical parts; Working in high, exposed levels as well as in close, cramped quarters (confined spaces with safety training provided). Will be required to operate or work around powder-actuated hand tools.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Exempt position with negotiable salary based on experience and qualifications
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k and H.S.A. (Health Savings Account); Discretionary bonuses; Paid Vacation, Holidays and PTO; Mileage reimbursement and/or use of company vehicles.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Kelly Winters at [email protected] for immediate consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.